Cocorose London is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our customers and loyal Cocorosers, as well as each guest visitor who uses our website.
Aside from helping us deliver more personalized and rewarding communication with you, the information you share means you’ll receive a more relevant and smooth online experience.
When do we collect your information?
Generally, we collect your information whenever you decide to interact with us. This could include when you do some of the following:
- Register on our site or create an account
- Place an order – logged in or as a guest
- Enter a competition
- Respond to a survey or communication such as email or phone call
- Sign up for any of our notification features such as newsletters or back-in-stock emails
What information do we collect and how?
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose to unsubscribe or restrict the information you supply, but this may limit the level of personalization we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an exclusive secret sale or access to pre-orders.
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you sign up to our newsletter, create an account with us, or place an order online, by phone or email, we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting. This includes:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Delivery address
- Billing address
- Phone number
- Shoe size
- Payment card details (we will not hold this for any longer than it takes to process your transaction)
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase made for them. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing or any other purposes.
Information we obtain independently from you:
When visiting our website we automatically collect the following:
- IP address (a unique number which allows a computer or other internet connected device to browse the internet). The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were visited, and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
- Cookies (for further information about Cookies and how we use them, please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below
External sources may include:
- Social Media - depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services
- Third party competitions
- Brochure and newsletter catalogues
How do we use your information?
Under the basis of legitimate interest, the information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways as follows:
- To personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver more relevant content
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To quickly process your payments or transactions
- To contact you with important information relating to your request or purchase, such as confirming your order, reminding you about abandoned items, and informing you of any changes or delays
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature for your benefit
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you. If you would no longer like to receive promotional emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you
- Use your anonymous details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use.
- For classifying our customers into groups or segments to help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re sending relevant messages to each group
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk
How do we protect your information?
Cocorose London will never share, sell, rent or trade your personally identifiable information to any third parties for without your prior consent.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server.
It is sometimes necessary for us to allow external parties access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. We make sure anyone who provides a service for Cocorose London enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of Cocorose London for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example payment processing, courier and mail delivery providers, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service
- Other organisations such as competition organizers if you choose to take part in such activities that need administration by third parties and you choose to opt in for contact from those organizations
- Third party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our audience or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites.
- Where required to do so (for example, when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities)
Cocorose London is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from www.cocoroselondon.com and recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
Do we use "cookies"?
Yes, when you visit www.cocoroselondon.com our web server automatically records your public internet protocol ('IP') address and also generates a log file.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers sent to your computer when you visit a web site. It’s stored in your web browser (i.e. Chrome or Internet Explorer). Whenever you visit the same website again, the information stored in the cookie can be retrieved to notify the web site (and only that website) of your previous activity. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. Cookies cannot give us access to your computer or to information beyond what you provide us. And they’re definitely not viruses, spyware or Trojans that damage your computer.
Cookies help us arrange our website content to match your preferred interests more quickly. They also allow us to deliver the full features of our website; these are features like smoother log-ins, your preferences and shopping baskets.
You can easily control and disable cookies through your browser settings however all browsers are different, so for more information on cookies in general, visit the following external links:
Please be aware that by limiting or deleting cookies you may not enjoy as good an experience on our website or have access to many of our enhanced features.
You can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation by contacting us. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to email@example.com
You have the right to inform us of any inaccuracies or changes, or to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it but please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
If you have an online account with us, you can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time. Simply sign in on the www.cocoroselondon.com and select ‘your account’ at the top of the page.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose, for example if placing an order we will typically keep your data for up three years, whereas when registering for our newsletter we will continue to hold your data until you unsubscribe.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications. If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
We welcome your questions, comments, or concerns. Please click here to send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy or any other issue.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details and further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on the 18th January 2018